Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Like I’ve said many times, I love Leupold scopes, I think they got a lot of things right. I just for the life of me can’t understand why they cannot make an erector that works as intended all the time. Instead they just increase the price in their lines as if I’m gonna buy a $1000 Vx5 or 6 with whatever flavor CDS when it has the same chit erector that’s in their $300 scopes. It’s almost retarded what they’ve been doing, and this is just one thread of many here where this issue has been discussed. The same old guys pop in with mine are just fine and then there are many like me that have been jerked six ways from Sunday on a crap Leupold that have had enough.

AC,
I’ve said this several times. What in tarnation prevents Leupold from gutting a swfa ss 6x and having the same erector mechanism built with the same materials. Add a zero stop, put vx3i glass in budget scopes and VX6 hd glass for higher end sellers?

Maybe ILya or Form could answer this question. I’m sure Leupold’s shelves have a massive investment of current parts here in the US.

Maybe they should run through their parts inventory. Change all there marketing information both in print and online, then introduce the new guts to the hunting/shooting market.

Someone with an MBA in business accounting will explain the loss in revenues changing out parts and new tooling is cost prohibitive.

“Patents”, maybe the reason....

😎

Then the Leupold scope would weigh 20+ ounces. They probably do not want a heavy scope or they want to save money or they don't know how to understand feedback from shooters. Has to be one or more of those reasons.

I think there are lots of people who prefer a relatively light scope. Most of these people are hunters who carry their rifles a good deal but don't put a lot of rounds downrange. They are a good portion of Leupold's customer base. If Leupold beefs up the erectors and their scopes generally, the scopes are going to weigh a lot more and may not satisfy their customer base because of weight and bulk. This might be why we don't see major changes in Leupold scopes to address the issues in this thread. They have a good customer base and don't want to mess with success.

I have used a lot of Leupold scopes and have had few problems in a set and forget mode. However, I would also like to see better erector assemblies in Leupold scopes, but I don't want 20+ oz. scopes on most of my hunting rifles. So there is a trade off between robustness and weight. It would be nice if Leupold could find a good compromise.