Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My Leupolds work fine. So do my Weavers, Nikons, Bushnells, Redfields and Bausch and Lombs. I have had several Tasco's a couple Bushnells a Simmons and a Sightron fail in one way or another but none on a hunt yet.

And with certain scopes that are built to actually hold zero and function properly (NF, SWFA, LRHS, DMR, etc), we can minimize the chances of having a scope failure when it counts, whether on or right before a hunt, during a match, etc.
Since I haven't had one fail me on a hunt yet I'm not terribly worried about it. Even if I did miss a deer because my scope failed it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd go home, grab another rifle and get back out there. There'll be another deer to shoot at before long.

Blackheart your reference to missing a deer from a scope failure being no big deal because you will grab another rifle and another deer will be along soon enough....
Well the west is different, some units take years to draw. Some units have low game densities, some have tremendous trophy potential etc.... therefore hunters tend to use the best gear they can afford to avoid failure. The opportunities may not come along again.
Also in many cases long distances are traveled and vacation is used up etc....
After waiting for years to draw a tag and the potential for a once in a lifetime trophy tends to make a fellow a little more focused on his gear and skill.
I suppose so. Thanks for your input and ideas expressed in a mature and intelligent manner. I tend to use what has consistently worked for me and like I said, I haven't had a problem with my Leupolds yet.