Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
... These charts are interesting and can help shed some light on some of the questions. I wouldn't draw any conclusions on the latest data just yet, but if the trend continues, in a week or so I think we'll be able to make a fairly definitive statement about the death rate from the Delta variant.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/louisiana

This link ^^^^^^ is exactly the type of hog wash I am talking about... The text under the graphic explicitly says that there were ZERO deaths on August 1st. However, the graph of 7 day rolling average for number of deaths shows 14 for August 1st, exactly the same as July 31st. On a 7 day rolling average, when you throw in a zero, I would expect to see a drop for the next iteration. Unless there is some other anomaly in the data that is being covered over.

Again, show me the RAW data, untouched by human hands, and let me make my own judgement. Not picking on Paul. Just pointing out how this data gets manipulated to fit a narrative...

What that charts shows me, and mind you it's still early in this surge, is that while cases are way up, deaths are not up nearly as much as they were in previous spikes. Is that the way you read it?