Originally Posted by mtwarden
Thanks.

I kind of inadvertently did some fasted exercise this summer. Too hot to hit the trails later, so was getting up between 4 and 5 and hitting the trails for an hour or two without breakfast- along with a nights sleep, was fasting for ~ 12-14 hours.

I'm a big fan of Uphill Athlete and they have a lot of data supporting fasted exercise, not for weight loss but to get better fat utilization during long aerobic endeavors. They stress the fast should be in the 10+hour range, the exercise should be low zone (2-3) workouts and not for much more than two hours- that's exactly what I was doing, but like I said really inadvertently laugh

I'll look up Uphill athlete. I completely agree with what you said. The body stores fat to be used at some point when you need it. If we as humans never dip into ketosis or utilize that function to burn fat it eventually ends up damaging the mitochondria cells which basically are our life force. Doing fasted excersise stimulates ketosis and atophagy which rebuild mitochondria cells and burn fat directly as a fuel when it converts the fat into ketones. Awesome stuff for sure.

My personal journey with fasting has been one year next month. As a farrier I went from a capability of shoeing 4 horses a day to I can shoe 10 a day now. In fact last week I shod 17 in one day. In my 30s my record was 9 horses in one day. At 55 years of age I now shoe 10 every day thanks to the power of intermittent fasting. Unbelievably powerful information

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field