Here is an excerpt from the book And These Signs Will Follow.

Paul Boxer was a missionary whom I heard speak many years ago. One African tribe en mass accepted Jesus Christ at the conclusion of his first sermon. He told them about the God of creation sending His Son in the form of a Man. Afterward, he asked the chief why it was the entire village as a whole believed and received Jesus. The chief recounted to Paul,
"Two years ago, I was looking at the heavens and worshiping the moon god. I remember thinking, 'We have the sun god, moon god, hunt god, tree god, wind god and various other gods. In our village we have many tribesmen. There are some who are good at one thing and then others who are good at something else. Above them is my son. Above him is the Witch Doctor and above him is the Chief. I am Chief. Why should I worship any other god than the Chief God Who Is in charge of all other gods?’ I informed the tribe we would no longer worship many gods. We would worship only the Chief God. When you came and informed us about the Chief God, my people were ready to hear and receive His message.”
Talk about UNEXPECTED!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter