Originally Posted by 4ager

You're only making yourself look all the more small and petty, and that's a damned shame. You're a good man, and prior to this I'd thought much more highly of you.

How I look is not too much a concern at the moment. I have tried to be faithful to tell what I know. Hopefully that's why you say I'm a good man. Otherwise, if you think I'm a good man, you'd be wrong. I know my tendencies better than you do! shocked
Don't misunderstand me, I'm proud, and think highly of myself, more than I should. That's my cross to bear, and I hate it. But I see what a wretch I am w/o God helping me. I fail, I try, I fail, I kill Christ on the cross again, every day, all by myself. I don't have to try hard to remember 33 years living as I liked to know what I was. Why God would offer me anything is a great mystery. There are certainly more deserving people in the world. Kind people, generous people, gentle people. He loves me, that's my only answer. But why?

Because Jesus made it possible for Him to look away from my horrible, sinful nature and embrace me, since I first embraced Jesus' completed work on the cross on my behalf.

LOL