Originally Posted by 4ager

I'm not trying to trap you. I'm trying to get you to be specific in your claim against someone.

Rather than take personal offense, realize that I am using the tools at my disposal to discern what I'm dealing with. When the Bible says that the works of the flesh are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these, I believe what it says. The works of the flesh are not Godly. Therefore when I or anyone else acts like this, they are not acting in the spirit of God.

I don't find the Gospel to be offensive.

That's great news to me! Are there parts that you particularly like?

I find many "believers" to be offensive, and contradictory, and hypocritical, and blasphemous, and self-righteous, among other things.

Many are, myself included at times. We are just like you and anyone else in some ways at some times. We're not claiming some elite status we attained through self-righteousness. The only lasting goodness in us, like patience, or compassion, or honesty, or gentleness, is enabled by the Holy Spirit, and only when we allow it over our stubborn, prideful spirit of rebellion. It's a daily struggle for me, one I lose often.

I have not railed against the Gospel at all, and if it's me you're targeting, you're way, way off base.

All good news to me.

LOL