Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Everybody takes their best guess, and hopes they are right. Some things make sense to one guy and seem ridiculous to the next, doesn't necessarily make one smarter than the other. End of the day, we follow the path we think is right, but not a one of us KNOWS for sure. Most people seem to be very uncomfortable with not knowing for certain, and vehemently deny this lack of knowing, but the fact remains.

You don't have to guess. Men guess because they don't have the assurance promised in the Bible, thru salvation and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They rely on what they can think through, which requires no faith at all.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Once you have assurance, you are no longer guessing, with all the apprehension and angst seen here by unbelievers. The Bible promises peace that surpasses understanding, and it delivers.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Still a guess in every way. You feel assured that you are correct, which is great, but doesn't change the fact that it's a guess. It's ok, I'm just guessing too,based on my own experiences.
Angst and apprehension are in my experience far more common in the believers than non believers, though neither side has the market cornered.