Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by PVT
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GeoW
To those of you arguing against the Word, if you win this argument in your own mind, and there is no afterlife as was promised to true believers, what do you look forward to after your threescore years and ten?

g

A valid question.

Steelhead's comment is accurate, to a degree, though flippant.

I'm far more concerned about my "three score and ten"; being a good husband, a good father, a good friend, and a good man. Those things I can control. What comes after, is beyond my control. Yes, yes, I know some believe they can control that by uttering an incantation, but they really can't. They can hedge a bet, but that's it, and they can believe. What, to me, is more important is what I do with the "three score and ten".

I know what I hope comes next, but I don't "know" it any more or less than any true believer of any faith that swears that they "know" because they read something they believe.

All true. Being a good husband, father, and man are all magnificent goals. You do, however, control one more thing. If you believe God and do what He says, and it is not an incantation, you will go to heaven. The "sinners prayer" is not found in the Bible. Acts 2:38 tells us what we have to do. God calls us all. Your response to that call is what you control.

I know that I am new to this site, but I have read a lot. I think that you are a lot closer than you think.

I appreciate that.

Apparently, though, you and other Christians here aren't exactly on the same page with who is called. You say He calls everyone; others say He only calls the ones He knew of before (the chosen few, as it were).

I just cut out the bullschit and do buy into any religions of man. What I believe, and why, is between me and God.

You're going to hell.

I'll see you there.