Originally Posted by TF49
[quote=john843]Fireball, that "proves" nothing. An earlier part of a book predicts a certain action or circumstance and later in the book it declares it fullfilled. Without knowing who truly wrote what when, you're just right back to "I have faith and believe in what it says". You truly do seem to be a man of strong belief and conviction and that IS admirable, but as far as it's being "proof" of anything, it's simply not.
John [/quote

Ah well, the facts remain. There were many OT prophesies regarding the future Messiah. If the NT gospels and the writings of Paul were correct, it would astounding and incomprehensible that one would conclude that the OT prophecies were not in fact fulfilled in the life and death of Jesus.

Prophecies made by different authors at different times and then all coming to fulfillment with Jesus? Remarkable for sure.

Having said that, I am of the belief that one so-to-speak "chooses what he believes." He can choose to believe in error if that is what his soul leads him to believe or he can believe in truth if that is where the spirit leads.

If one chooses to dismiss the OT prophecies and also dismisses the evidence pointing to fulfillment in Jesus, well, that is one's right I guess and ones choice. Live with it and die with it. So be it.

TF

The problem with those "prophesies" is that they are so vague in detail, time, and actual occurrence that claiming them "fulfilled" is senseless.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.