Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 4ager
Because all that schit ain't nearly as important or as personal.

I don't discuss my wife, nor my family life with her, or my kids, or the rest of my family. I don't bring another man's family into things unless he brings them in himself, nor do I bring in his religious beliefs unless he does it.

Agreed. It 'is' important and personal...for many.

But it's a thread 'about' religious beliefs, and you participate on other threads about religious beliefs too. I'm just tryin' to understand where you're comin' from, as you don't seem to mind discussing other people's religious beliefs, just not your own...?

I have only asked questions about what another has put out there themselves in the first place. If they don't want something questioned, they probably ought not make it public.

My dear departed friend Mickey Coleman was one of the most devout, honest Christian men I've ever known. I never, once, saw him evangelize about his faith, but you knew it was there. To him, it was personal and it was sacred. The only thing that mattered to him was his relationship with God. I respected that, and we talked about it on more than a few occasions. There are several others here who are good friends and who share a lot in Mickey's traits on this. We've had numerous religious and philosophical discussions; each asking questions but none evangelizing. They also don't preach here and put their faith on display like some peacock with painted feathers covering up a common chicken's ass, either.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.