It's understandable that unbelievers can't see the truth. No sense getting all worked up about it as a believer, we should expect no less than ridicule. As an unbeliever and I could read the words in the Bible but it was literally like a foreign language. I could read it, but it sounded like jibberish. Then, one day, I was saved. The book took on life, which is exactly what the Bible says it is to a believer, life. It also says it's foolishness to an unbeliever. Proven here today.

From a purely objective point of view, how can two otherwise similar people have such vastly different understandings of simple language as written in the Bible, if not for spiritual revelation to the believer? The words are not complicated, yet the unbeliever cannot accept them, indeed most cannot even read them! What other book is it said of, "It cannot be read"?
It's because the nasty nature within us wars against God and His word, and until we recognize our rebellion and failure, we are at odds with God. We are enemies of God.

He promises to reveal Himself to any that ask, to show Himself to any that seek, yet our pride won't allow it. We want to be the God of our lives. You can see that richly displayed in this thread. The unbelievers are standing tall and boastful against God. Make no mistake, there will be a day to answer for our (mine included) rebellion.

Sad thing is, an unbeliever thinks believing comes at great cost to "fun" things. They think the Bible and christianity is a behavior modification program. Like a ten step for addictions. I didn't realize when I accepted Christ how my desires would change, and I would be happy about it! Hard to understand I know.

The Bible's truth is revealed super-naturally. You have to step out in faith to receive revelation. It sounds crazy my friends, but I assure you that is the only way to comprehend the Bible. More than understand, more than read with cognitive recognition. It's LIFE, THE ANSWER.

Like blood is the life in your body, God is life in our spirit. Without it, there is futility, death, hopelessness. Again, you can see the futility and hopelessness of the unbelievers posting here. Just an angst, a hostility towards God and other men. Yet, they cannot see.

LOL