Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I no longer post anything for your benefit, since you have clearly made up your mind, but for any that are truly seeking I will try. One's that you don't discourage so badly that will still ask that is. I wonder why it is so important to you to fight against God? I wonder who wins? crazy I thought you said you weren't offended by the gospel, yet you fight against it so vehemently?? Leads me to believe you are not being honest about your position or your intentions. Like I said earlier, a man is known by the fruit. The words out of a mans mouth are the overflow of his heart.

Romans 8:29-32

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

God freely gives all things, proven by his desire for and path outlined for salvation. God withholds nothing, so why be in the dark? Why wonder? Why postulate and scheme and plot and plan? Why not just ask?

Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

You assume that I fight against God? Again, you assume wrong and badly so. Why it remains so important to you to paint it that way and to assume (wrongly again) that you know what I have decided and why is quite puzzling. I am more than comfortable enough in my beliefs to question things. Are you not comfortable enough in yours to have some things questioned? Must you always resort to casting aspersions upon the questioner, assuming them to be at war with God and decidedly against Him?

You have interrogated every participant on this this thread regarding his/her belief. We have been as honest with our answers as possible.

Now you state your being comfortable with your beliefs to question things.

Would you mind sharing your beliefs with those of us that you have interrogated, or badgered may be a better word, since the beginning of this thread?

What do YOU believe?

A statement from you will suffice... another question, not.

Sorry, I missed this one until just now.

As I've said before, what I believe and why is between me and God. I don't evangelize my beliefs, nor do I cotton to some man-made religion and accept it as "true".

I've not interrogated anyone, but if you wish, I can certain start. It's a game I've played before and rather successfully. Badgering can come after that.

Now, if you would please show me exactly where I've started questioning another person's beliefs, vs what another person would be insinuating about my beliefs or someone else's, or if you could show me where I have questioned what they believe vs instead the texts that they quote and the attitude they present, I'd be happy to play that game.

It continues to appear that many are not nearly as comfortable in their own beliefs as they portray and any questioning of the inconsistencies in texts, or the fact that belief is not fact itself, lead them to apoplexy. See the insinuation that I am merely an agent provocateur and nothing more. That's simply false. I do question, but I do not question merely to incite riot or discord. The questioning of inconsistencies and the presentation of alternative beliefs, along with the refutation of belief as fact, is obviously troubling though it is not for reasons that lie with me. Perhaps those troubled have greater questions themselves than they are comfortable asking; I don't know.

If you refuse to answer my question please don't question me or my faith.
I don't play games either and you have not been made a victim by anyone other than yourself.

As old hickory head Bill O'Reilly would say, I'll give you the last word. smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member