Originally Posted by Willto
I asked the question for the proof of taking God out of our country, the USA. So show me the proof it's working. I'm not interested in other places and times. Just here and now. This also goes beyond violence too. More like a moral decay which covers allot. Proof, not questions to me, that's what I want.

And I could throw that question right back at you. When has worshipping a God, yours or any other, transformed any society into a peaceful paradise where murder and rape and violence and immorality of every type didn't exist? Answer, never. And one of the main reasons why is that despite what rules these religions write down in a book there are always easy paths to get around those rules whenever the need arises. A common Christian way to make a end run around these pesky rules is to just claim that God gave you a special exemption to do it in this particular case.

Murder is wrong but boy it sure would be nice to have that land the Canaanites are living on. And bam! What do you know God just happens to tell the Israelites at that precise moment that the Canaanites are wicked and it's okay to kill all of them and take their lands. Wow, what nice timing for the Israelites. Of course we have to just take their word that God told them this. But no problem there. I'm sure the same kind of men that could slit women and childrens throats wouldn't lie about why they were doing it. LOL!

Well put.