Originally Posted by Willto
Why would an omnipotent being capable of blinking the universe into existence give two chits what a being like myself (an ameoba by comparrison) thinks or does?
If you have children, why did y'all create em’…? We created our children because we wanted some children to love. And we wanted to have relationship with em’. I believe that God did the same regarding His children.
Even worse why would such a being desire to be worshipped by such lowly creatures? That isn't a good look for an all powerful universal super being. Seems a very tawdry human desire.
If you have children, do you desire to be worshipped by them…? Or do you desire to be loved by them…? And, do you desire to have relationship with them…? I believe that God loves His children and desires to be loved by His children, and I believe He wants relationship with His children.
No, this whole story smacks heavily of what it is. A man made story of which Christianity is but one of many.
Again, that’s what you choose to believe. I choose to believe otherwise. But I’m OK with what you choose to believe. Are you OK with what I choose to believe…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.