Originally Posted by Hastings
A/S: The part of my post chastising you was in jest. I doubt you think I'm stupid. Now the end of my post was serious about the various religions being mixed up in the evil schemes of the world.

Good to hear. We sure could use a sarcasm and I'll messing with you font.

I'm not so sure all the evil we attribute to religion are just or deserved, especially as it pertains to warfare.

The vast majority of war are fought for economic reasons and economic boundaries closely follow ethnic and religious boundaries. As an example, the Crusades to the east were billed religious wars, when in reality they over trade routes. Part of what makes the "Holy Lands" holy is they are the end of the southern fork of the Silk Road and the gateway to the Mediterranean. In calling for one of the Crusades the Pope references his inability to obtain silk from China for his papal robes.

The slaughter in Rwanda was preached from the Pulpit of Catholic Church under the guise of religious religious reason, much like those in the Slaughter of the Midianites, but that was just the excuse employed by the majority to slaughter a minority with better more productive lands. I could go on for days, but you get the point.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell