Originally Posted by Willto
If there is a god that wants us to believe and follow certain things then why not just appear in undeniable fashion now to the whole world and tell us straight up. Why all this ancient mystery bullchit?
I believe that He clearly did exactly that just a little over 2,000 years ago. And it wasn’t “ancient mystery bullchit” then. No mystery about seeing things with one’s own eyes, as those eyewitness did, including those eyewitnesses who were hostile towards Him and remained hostile towards Him even after He appeared in undeniable fashion and told them straight up.
Why must I trust the word of 2000 year old goat herders who believed in all manner of superstious crap and thought the earth was flat. People who were ignorant of and wrong about most things concerning the nature of the earth and the universe.
You don’t have to. You can choose to believe whatever you choose to believe. You’ve made your beliefs regarding these things pretty clear. As have others. Believers and non-believers both.
If this is the best plan god can come up with to spread the truth of his word then we must have been assigned a seriously incompetent god.
So the Creator of the universe didn’t go about things the way you think He should have…? Got it. Anyway, that’s what you’ve chosen to believe, and it’s fine by me. Your beliefs are yours, have at it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.