Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
IQ and education are inversely related to religiosity. Old Hat's a prime example of this.
A/S: You wound me. Your words are sharper than a serpents tooth. I do lack formal education but never thought of myself as stupid or low IQ. I understand you directed this at Old Hat, and even though he and I seriously disagree I'm not atheist. I actually believe religion could be beneficial if we realized that most of them are parallel on matters of morals and organization of society. For the life of me I can't understand why Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and Hebrews are all at each others throats. With burnings, inquisitions, Witch trials, ethnic cleansing, genocide, beheadings, crashing planes into buildings, caste systems, and social stratification that religion promotes I can see where God gets a bad name to the casual observer. I sure understand the Hindu leader Gandhi saying I like Jesus, It's his followers I don't like.

Hastings my friend, you may be religious, but on a scale of religiosity, you are no where close to the Happy Campers, Old Hats and Young Earth Creationist like our very own Ringman.

You see the contradictions in the Bible, and as a result have a more nuanced interpretation then the example I gave above. The same can be said for Antlers own Christianity. Keep in mind, correlations are just indicative, not determinative. There are plenty of outlawyers on both sides of that equation. But in general, the lower a persons IQ, the less educated and more agreeable the person the easier it is to swindle them into believing BS.

You are far from the fundamentalist religion drones who believe everything just because it's written in their old book. Your welcome to sit an my fire and drink my rum anytime.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell