Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Springcove
Honest question. It seems to bother some of you that people have faith why?

Does it bother you that the 9/11 Hijackers murdered over 3,000 Americans and plunged us into a 20 year long war?

Yes…

Actions are manifest from beliefs. So actions based on accurate beliefs congruent with the objective reality yield better outcomes.
As beliefs deviate from objective reality, so do the quality of the actions based upon those bad believes and the worse the outcomes.

Unfortunately the bad impacts of those bad actions are not always limited to those holding the objectively wrong beliefs.
Combine bad fanaticism with objectively bad believes and you get very bad outcomes, like 9/11, half million "witches" burned at the stake, modern science deniers who attempt to substitute religions classes for science class, trillion is economic damage fighting the evils of modern progress, and 100 million dead under Mao.

Different beliefs have lead to every war in the history of man. I’m not here to argue how someone believes. I’m just trying to understand why some have an issue in how I believe. I have no issue with people who don’t share my beliefs because that is their choice. I have made mine and you have made yours and I respect that.

My friend and hunting partner of more than 30 years is agnostic/atheist I’m actually not sure. I just know he doesn’t share my beliefs but it hasn’t affected are friendship because of it.

People like the OP do a disservice to a lot of Christians and that is unfortunate.