Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Hastings
If the ocean suddenly broke through the strait between mainland Turkey and Europe and inundated thousands of square miles you can bet the same thing happened other places all over the world. I would imagine people living close to the original beach had boats on which some survived. I'm not believing the Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, etc. went under water. You don't believe that, do you?

Those mountains didn't exist prior to the Flood. Even secular geologist recognize they are uplifted.

Well, yes, the mountains are uplifting even now. How long ago was the flood? How old are those mountains? If every piece of ice on earth melted do you think water would have covered the mountains as they were 5000, 10,000, or 12,000 years ago? Mount Ararat is almost 17,000 feet above sea level. Was it flat land back then?

Flood was about 5,000 -6,000 years ago. Due to tides and current beyond our present understanding the earth would have been pretty much planed to almost smooth. Any graduate student or serious student of geology knows if the earth was smoothed out, water would be about two miles deep.

The bible says it rained for 40 days and 40 nights until the highest mountains were covered to a depth of 15 cubits. It doesn't say the earth was planed smooth. You say the earth was planed smooth.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?