Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Springcove
The show me proof argument is always humerus. Some say God doesn’t exist and prove that he does. I would say God does exist and prove that he doesn’t. It all comes down to faith. You either have it or you don’t and it really is that simple. You either believe or you don’t. This also includes Jesus and the resurrection. It’s an argument that just goes in circles.
I am of the belief there IS a supernatural creator.

But the challenge to prove that God does not exist comes up against the rule that you cannot prove a negative.

Like how do I prove there are no Ivory Bill wood peckers.

How do I prove there is no extraterrestrial life out there.

And that's why the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive claim.

Well, there is evidence for the existence of God all around us. You either reject it or don’t see it.

Also, as it has been posted before, when the Creator comes to abide “within” the believer, that believer indeed has “proof.”

But, you apparently don’t see and you apparently “don’t have.”

Still, you comment above piques some interest. You state “…. the burden of proof lies with the one making the positive “claim.”….

I think this is nothing but word bafflegab. You may believe that Christians are making a “claim,” but I see it as Christians providing a testimony or witness of our experience.

But, you choose you words carefully and there is one interesting way to look at your post.

Should you be judged….. by a God you claim has not proved His existence….. this God, at your judgment may “play the video tape” of your life and show you literally dozens of times He made His presence known to you…. Only to have you somehow reject the witness.

No one can “argue” you into belief….. Only God can “get you to flip.” I wonder how many times the Spirit has knocked on your door, but you refused to answer the knock. You will say that that has never happened. I would expect that God will show you He knocked dozens of times when the tape rolls.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”