Originally Posted by DBT
Ok, then, so Jesus did come to abolish the law in spite of saying he had not come to abolish the law......?

You may not be seeing some angles here. So, one….only one comment, will I make here.

Consider the tripartite nature of the godhead….Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One way that has been used to describe the godhead is One God manifest in Three persons.

Could it be that it was the Father that gave the Law that Jesus the Son fulfilled?

Jesus did not come to abolish the law given by his Father, but to “fulfill” the Law’s requirement of a sin sacrifice.

Yep, much to “not fully comprehend here.” God does that and He keeps some mystery to Himself that He may explain to us when we enter His presence.

May the Father someday “abolish” the Law? Will the Father someday …after the Great White Throne….direct Jesus, the one who fulfilled the law to declare the law “abolished?” I would guess not, but Idk….. He is sovereign…. Perhaps there will be no more need for the Law after the judgment….idk…there are some unknowns and some mysteries.

So, DBT…..no…as I have tried to explain…….Jesus did not “abolish the law”……

Seems to me that the charges against me…. As a result of my sinful lawbreaking, have been “dropped”…..,being cancelled and nailed to the cross.

In my opinion, the “Law” is still valid and will be enforced on those who do not accept the gift and received pardon.

Last edited by TF49; 01/16/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”