Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
... my kindhearted Sunday sermons...

That's funny.
You are not kinhearted, but an insufferable, patronizing, arrogant, condescending asshat.
I think self righteous prig is more descriptive with the admission that I really have no right to judge and am not a mind reader. I know everybody fights a hard battle of some sort and we know not what H/C's been through. He certainly impresses as not happy and a quite unsuccessful ambassador for Jesus. My church has members that can run off more than we can bring in.

Maybe I should quit criticizing and start praying for him. I often think how maybe some of the most reviled men in Christendom may have repented and received salvation. Namely Judas and Pilate, there is evidence that both repented. Paul may have repented before he died, so there is a chance for myself and the other small fry on this little forum.

I have no idea what or where hell is or even if it exists. Maybe a place of eternal death but a permanent place of torture doesn't make sense. In any case I would bet if it does exist in whatever form it will receive as its internees many many self proclaimed religious officials from many Popes and John Calvin on down the line to the lowest soldier of the church. And Christianity is chief among said religions. Jesus must be appalled with his "friends".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."