Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Ok, glad you are not bothered by anything I might say.

Can't assume that - you might say something that bothers me. I meant that your belief means nothing to me unless it's proven to be true. If you're judging me by your unproven belief system, then that might warrant bother.

Some of "God's" instructions in the bible are immoral and unethical - that bothers me. It's not a good book to literally lead your life by.

Interesting reply….ok…..

You express your view that my belief system means nothing to you because it is not proven to be true. My view is that my belief system is undoubtedly true…..God provides that witness and proof to me as He abides within me. John 14:20 “….. you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me and I am in you.”

You have repeatedly stated that there is no evidence to “support your premise” about the existence of God. I would say that the evidence for the existence of Yahweh is all around us and one only has to “look around” and see the evidence of God’s existence. Further, one only has to look around and see the sin of this world.

Putting these two points together, I see conclusive evidence and I have my proof.

You do not see evidence nor have proof…… I’m ok with that, but also, you can expect me to disagree with those that claim there is no evidence and there is no proof.

Lastly, I am in total disagreement with you that the Bible is not a good book to live your life by. It is my assessment that many here do not understand the concept of dispensations nor do they understand the New Covenant. Many here will pull from the OT to discredit God’s actions and His love….. I view this as simply making an excuse to “justify their uncomfortableness” with God.

I don’t see many folks criticizing the biblical teachings of Jesus. It seems that even the existence of the historical Jesus is totally swept aside in order to divert from discusssion of His teachings.

Anyway….. carry on…..

Btw…. Jesus does indeed love you and His hand is extended toward you….

John 6:37 “…… whoever comes to me I will never drive away.”

Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

Ask….Seek…..Knock

My advice is to be an “honest seeker.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”