Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
The universe doesn't appear to be created.
Where did all this matter come from? There are way more questions than answers. Earth is not a grain of sand compared to the universe.

We don't know, therefore God is a poor assumption. Must anything we don't know be the work of God?

What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from? How does it make a Universe appear from nothing? What was it doing before the Universe?

"What is this thing you call "God?" Where did it come from?" I asked my mother this same question when I was less than 6 years old and all I got was a stammering " we don't know".

It is a fair question and you and she are right, we don't know.

There is a power and a first cause at the center of the universe that no one understands.

The teachings of Jesus are easy to understand if you strip away all the blathering of those that try to interpret for him to their own advantage. And I do believe he was who claimed to be.

But to be honest, Jesus' message and teachings weren't new or confined to the Hebrew God. Many religions and societies had the same basic teachings. Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet. I have met Hindus that accept Jesus.

The problem with "Christians" and for that matter most religions is the evil that uses it for cover.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."