Also no issues with the killin' on the same sorts of animals with the 6.5 Creedmoor out to 300. In fact, a 143 ELD-X at 2700 fps from the Creedmoor retains just about the same velocity at 300 yards as the 150-grain .270 Hot-Cor started at 2900. So why wouldn't it kill just about as well? Or maybe there's some magic in another 7 grains of bullet weight.

And yes, I have some experience with the 143 ELD-X in the 6.5 Creedmoor. It kills just as well as the .270--which I've been using for 45 years now. Or at least that is my experience.

I do know that quite a few people who've tried the Creedmoor use lighter bullets, because they firmly believe you must have more muzzle velocity than 2700 tfps o kill anything at 300 yards--but the Creedmoor's strength is high-BC bullets at moderate muzzle velocities. They catch up quickly to lower-BC bullets started faster, and even at closer ranges kill well--just like the 6.5x55 has been doing for a long time with 140's handloaded to 2700 fps.

The difference is you can buy the 6.5 Creedmoor 143 ELD-X factory load at lots of stores, instead of having to handload--and is very accurate in the average factory rifle. In fact it shoots as well as the best handloads I've been able to come up with in my Lilja-barreled 6.5x55 custom.

I haven't read Craig's article yet, but plan to.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck