Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't understand why anyone would care what firearms or cartridges another person uses, as long as it doesn't directly impact them in negative manner. Heck, I don't care if most other people take their next breath, much less what firearm or cartridge they favor, as they are inconsequential to me.

I've shot an elk or 2 with the 270 and they died promptly. I'm pretty sure that those elk would have died just as quickly if I'd shot them with a different cartridge, just as long as I was using a properly constructed bullet and made the same bullet placement.

I like to shoot and am curious about new cartridges, so despite having a couple dozen rifles chambered for other 6.5mm bore cartridges, I bought a Weatherby Vanguard2 in 6.5 Creedmoor in 02/14. After shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor for a bit, I decided that for my needs it didn't do anything that those other rifles chambered for 6.5mm bore cartridges didn't do equally well. Curiously, I find myself with 12 more rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Lots of redundancy in my gun room.

This +10

Next the only really enlightening fact of this whole thread is that Kirk Stovall aka Shrapnel aka Chuck Norris of MT DOES not own a SAKO L61R Deluxe chambered for 264 Win Mag. Damned if I don't see and smell some profit taking opportunity here...… MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "