Originally Posted by Ttexastom1
You know, The way people love the 6.5 cm, i was just as struck whem remington came with the 260 about 22 years ago. Its literature in magazines was that it had more energy with the 140 at 200 yards than the 270 with the 130 grain bullet had. Seems like every cartridge that has come along in the last 60 years has had the 270 in their crosshairs..wonder why??

How about when the silhouette shooters sparked the 7mm08 craze! Layne Simpson was a big supporter and pushed it hard. Its a fine round...turned out it was just more "consistently chambered/throated than the 7x57 ( am I right or am I right? :)) It took root pretty good, but I don't hardly ever see any .260 Ammo in stores out here, much less rifles. I used a .260 on just wo animals, and for me, the 6.5/284 was far more interesting and I liked how flat it shot. But hey, what happened to the 7mm STW, and now...the 7mm RUM? And the 6.5 Remington Magnum...fuggitaboutit, ha. My Marine SIL works almost all the time. He loves to shoot out to 1K at rocks,etc. He hardly has time for anything, so he likes "easy", right now anyhow. He recently got one of those Ruger (I think) Precision Rifles in the 6.5 Creedmoor. He is tickled pink. However, he shot his last elk ( a big cow) at just over 440yds with the Mod 700 custom 300 RUM I had made up for him, and he used the loads I loaded for him, the 200 Accubond going really fast! ha. But its a lot more fun to for him, right now, to be able to buy fair priced factory ammo that he can shoot very tiny groups with. I imagine most guys who get the Creed are a lot like him. At least they are supporting the shooting industry, ha.