Mule Deer:
Good evening to you sir, I hope that this finds you and Eileen well and keeping warm enough - if you've been getting the cool nights we've been getting as of late.

While I'm not able to read the article in question at present, I did break somewhat with 'Fire tradition and read the entire thread.

After reading it, I recalled a somewhat similar discussion we had here a few years back when I'd asked about tissue damage differences between the .270 and 6.5x55.

Here's a link to anyone interested in the exchanges back then, or just a walk down memory lane at the 'Fire with some members no longer with us involved.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9248055/1

Anyway after that thread I did unscrew the unusually slow twist .270 barrel and had a smith up the valley make up an adapter so a nearly new '96 barrel could be installed on the commercial between the wars Mauser 98 action. As I recall I was going to make it into a 6.5CM, but components were scarce on this side of the medicine line then, though that's absolutely changed now.

Since we've had a few really tough winters in a row up here, both the whitetail and mulie populations have plummeted, so we've been getting less bullet testing in than we'd like, but come this fall our eldest daughter and I will be up in the hills doing our best to rectify that. grin

Thanks once again for sharing your considerable and varied knowledge with us John, I very much appreciate and enjoy it.

All the best to you and Eileen as we head into summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"