Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by fishdog52

From about 1973 into the late 80's. I used a stock Rem 700 BDL 270 topped with a 3x9 Redfield Widefield using mostly 130 gr Parttions pushed by a case full of WW785 ($24 for an 8# keg). I took that rifle on a wide variety of shoestring budget hunts around the country for a lot of big game. It never failed to get the job done.
I didn't know any better.

Here too Fish.

THE BEST looking rifle I've ever owned was a S-W 1500 (aka Howa) in 270 W had a 'scrumptious' Walnut stock --- cool
our own 'WHITEBIRD" has a Custom 6.5-06 with a VERY similar stock --
The VERY FIRST time I laid eyes on this pic --- my mind went to my S W , 270 -- NOT identical but similar:!!

>> Here's whitebird's 6.5-06 >>>> on P 72 in Thread "Let's See Some Big Bucks -- BobinNH started !

[Linked Image]

I hunted it in N Ark., La., Miss, & Al.. I 'ruined' myself by getting a Ruger 77 UL, then a Win 70 XTR FTWT.

The S-W then BECAME so heavy that I moved it. cry

*!*! I just remembered who has that rifle -- I'll try to get it back *!*! grin

Jerry

Jerry,
If I saw a rifle like that for sale I probably wouldn't care what the chambering was. I have bought rifles before based on judging by "the cover only, without reading the content" and found it can be a sound practice as their isn't much else that cannot be fixed. My only criteria is no short actions. Never, ever.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.