Originally Posted by Mule Deer
mathman,

I've asked the same basic question a number of times, and have yet to get an answer. But in the interests of objectivity, will ask a few more:

Do pro-Creedmoorites knock on your door and demand you turn over your .257 Roberts, .270 or even you 6.5x55? So far none have in my neighborhood, the reason I still have my .270, plus a pair of .257's and another pair of 6.5x55's.

Do pro-Creedmoorites gather in public places, demonstrating for the confiscation of rifles chambered for such "antique" cartridges? Do the more generous pro-Creedmoorites lobby for "buy-back" programs for those hunters unfortunate enough to be burdened with such old and inadequate rounds?

Do anti-Creedmoorites go to the local range and get mobbed by 6.5 Creedmoor shooters, who refuse to let them use the range until they at least pull the trigger on one Creedmoor round?

Perhaps my simple mind isn't up to imagining what that anti-Creedmoorites constantly encounter in our increasingly contentious society. But I am certainly open to hearing about any obvious cases of pro-Creedmoor abuse, and would gladly publish an article in RIFLE LOONY NEWS exposing such anti-American horrors.

You ask, but don't really notice that the underlying push on the Creedmoor. Was I wrong in my assessment of the comparison of hunting cartridges to a target cartridge? Doesn't the trend for the 6.5 try to replace hunting cartridges with the 6.5? I have never said the 6.5 won't do what it was designed to do, I just don't have any use for it.

If you don't see that, you are not paying attention. The pro 6.5 people are continually comparing the superiority of the 6.5 to the rest of the hunting cartridges. It is all over the Campfire, I am not the only one tired of the raves of the cartridge. I haven't gone to anyone's door to take their 6.5 away from them and I am sure no one else has. This was still a thread about Craig Boddington and the 270, and as soon as the 6.5 was brought up, The whole issue is about the 6.5.

Do I have anough guns to be a rifle loony? Does not having a 6.5 prevent me from being a rifle loony?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]