The 6.5 CM is a relatively new cartridge. The, dare I say, venerable?.270 Win. has been proven in the game fields worldwide for almost a century now. For decades, the which cartridge is better debates have raged on and on. Most recently the 6.5 CM vs. practically all cartridges and yet we still hear and read about .270 vs. .280, .270 vs. .30-06, .308 vs. .30-06, .300 WM vs. 7mm RM etc..... The 6.5 CM fanboy talk is heard on my club range, at work, at the LGS's and around the hunt camps in the area. The same 'drivel' (facts, yes facts stating the marginal superiority of the 6.5 CM, that in practical use mean virtually nothing) that Bob spouts is heard repeatedly. Many, around here, like him, have apparently imbibed copious quantities of the 'extra strength' CM Kool Aid. I'd wager that 99% of the CM fanboys have never shot there CM's past 200 yards (most not past 100) and don't have many opportunities to do so where they hunt, especially around here. Is the CM a good hunting round? Yes. Does it kick a lot of other hunting rounds to the curb? No. The ranges where the CM starts to excel past the others are so long that less than 2-3% of hunters should even attempt those shots. The main advantages I see for the CM are lots of different rifles are available, lots of really good factory ammo and recoil is very mild. One of my favorite hunting rifles is my Sako AV Classic Hunter in .270. I also own two 6.5x55's and a .260 Rem. so I see no need or want for a CM. That said, if I run across a rifle I really liked chambered for the CM there is a possibility I might buy it. I'm a rifle looney and I've done stranger things. If I could only have one rifle for deer sized animals it would probably be my .270 Win. or lately gasp! my .270 WSM. For larger game I'd opt for one of my more suitable rifles. UH OH! I just did it myself.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.