Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Even if a guy doesn't own, desire to own, or even hates the Creed for whatever reason......you'd think people would catch on to the FACT that the 6.5CM is for real.

I very much agree, although you can take a good thing too far. I saw a line in a magazine just today, where the author was reviewing an AR in 6.5CM and an inset photo showed a Creedmoor round, a .308 round, and a .223 round with the caption "The 7.62 and 5.56 work "okay" on hogs but the 6.5 Creedmoor is deadly!" I found that kind of funny. The Creedmoor is very good for what it is, but to say that it is a decisively better swine killer than a .308 is reaching a little far, and I've shot a fair number of hogs with the 6.5 and 7.62. The whiz-bang, golly-gee enthusiasm can get a bit thick sometimes, even for us rifle loonies....

Yeah, that's stepping over the line.

To say the Creed will kill a hog deader, quicker than a .308, or a .223 is crazy...

But, that's how urban legends are perpetrated.

DF

Agreed. I does help to have some personal experience so you know when to raise the BS flag. You'd think folks around here would catch on to that theory, but in reading this thread, and practically any CM thread, that is not the case.

Yep, I've killed hogs with all three rounds, all just as dead...

Hogs couldn't tell the difference, no complaints from any of them...

DF