Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Also no issues with the killin' on the same sorts of animals with the 6.5 Creedmoor out to 300. In fact, a 143 ELD-X at 2700 fps from the Creedmoor retains just about the same velocity at 300 yards as the 150-grain .270 Hot-Cor started at 2900. So why wouldn't it kill just about as well? Or maybe there's some magic in another 7 grains of bullet weight.

And yes, I have some experience with the 143 ELD-X in the 6.5 Creedmoor. It kills just as well as the .270--which I've been using for 45 years now. Or at least that is my experience.

If this is in reference to me, I'll apologize for not being clearer. I wasn't trying to portray that the 6.5s mentioned in Craig's article don't kill just as well as the .270 Win. or that the difference in 7 grains in weight and .013" between the 143 ELDX and 150 hot-cor makes any realistic difference.

I've got a fair amount of experience with several 120-140 grain 6.5mm bullets, and with the exception of some bad berger experiences, have had zero issues killing antelope, mulie and white-tailed deer and elk with them, from 50-600 yards. I really liked the old 140 AMAX, RIP.