Jerry,

I know one gun writer who wrote an article on the Creedmoor a year or two ago. He didn't say it was the Be All, End ALL, but the title of his essay essentially did--which makes me suspect the magazine's editor wrote the title, which happens pretty frequently, especially when trying to stir up stuff like this thread.

I happen to know the author very well, and he's a real rifle loony, who owns a bunch in a LOT of different chamberings. Which, of course, I do as well. In fact since 2010, when I purchased and hunted with my first 6.5 Creedmoor, I've hunted big game with my other rifles in .22-250, .257 Roberts, .25-06, .257 Weatherby Magnum, 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer, .260 Remington, 6.5x55, 6.5x57R, 6.5 PRC, 26 Nosler, .270 Winchester, 7x57, 7mm Weatherby Magnum,.308 Winchester, .30-06, 338 Winchester Magnum, 9.3x62 Mauser, and .416 Rigby. I've only sold two of those rifles, a .25-06 Ruger No. 1 and a 7mm Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight, mostly because I enjoyed hunting more with other rifles of the same bore-size.

I may or may not hunt with my present 6.5 Creedmoor this year, in fact probably won't, because there's always something new I want to try--or go back to. But unlike so many 6.5 Creedmoor critics, I've actually shot and hunted with one, so along with my continuing experience with other rounds have some basis for evaluating what the Creedmoor actually does.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck