You know, around 1964, remington made an announcement.of the 7mm rem mag. People squared off against between the new cartridge and rifle pitting guess what, the 270 in question. Before chronographs the 7mm was supposed to be a giant killer when compared to its opponents.
Time has a way of settling these problems. Just like then, the new model 700 was the talk of the town.
Far as i know the 270 will not go away. I think it will still be around. As time marches on the creedmoor will be eclipced by another new cartridge that everyone will just want. Are advancements in the future coming to us?
The 6.5 cm will not go away. But it may be relegated to the closet like a lot of other cartridges. Kinda reminds my own thoughts when i had to have an 06, and retired my 30/30. Then own to the 7 mag , then 270, the 6.5/284 etc
Rifle owners my self included want the latest and greatest. The way people love the 6.5 cm, i was just as struck whem remington came with the 260 about 22 years ago. Its literature in magazines was that it had more energy with the 140 at 200 yards than the 270 with the 130 grain bullet had. Seems like every cartridge that has come along in the last 60 years has had the 270 in their crosshairs..wonder why??

Last edited by Ttexastom1; 04/30/19. Reason: Spelling

(Liberalism is a mental disorder, Michael savage radio show) member of donald's deplorables