Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Inman, was that Argentine hunt a good one? I'm really wanting to kill a stag, but not travel all the way to NZ for the high fenced model.

I had a good time there, but there were a few quirks about the place I wasn't big on. Honestly though, they were all small things in the long run.

The place I hunted had a high fence option, to which I did not partake as there were plenty of "wild" stags running around the area. Just like with most anything else, the free range stags are generally going to be smaller than some of their counterparts inside the fence. I hunted in the LaPampa, but if I were to do it again I'd look for a more mountainous area to hunt them in. Maybe Cordoba?

If you get a chance to go back, go to Patagonia. Did a horse back hunt there in 06 with my 06. Best hunt me and the Mrs ever did.
Only reason I didn't take the 270 was I didn't have one then. As usual I'm late to the party.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Blacktailer; 05/13/19.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor