Hell. they all work! Just everyone has his favorite caliber for what ever the reason. I love the 270, if truth be known because Dad bought a 270, Model 721 in a Tonopah NV hardware store in 1948, and it became a legend in that small mining town. Dad mounted a 2.5 Weaver with a post and killed deer well past 200 yards. Soon the only ammo you could find in Wolfe's Hardware was 270 Winchester. 30 30's, 38 55's, 30 Remington's and 32 Special's went back in the closest. Still have that old rifle, along with my first 270, a Remington 700 BDL with the stamped checkering. In high school I wore the print off the Remington catalog pages longing for one. Probably a twin to the one JB writes about. Wonderfully smooth action and one of the most accurate rifles I own. Doesn't get used much any more, but have asked they throw it in with me before the first shovel of dirt. Since then three generations of my family have carried a 270 in the field. Hunting to us is tradition and history, and we all love the mighty .277. That's why I love it. It works. I've used a lot of others, but always come back to the one Jack O'Conner made famous. Not really any better or any worse than many others.

Same reason I hunt a Savage 99 300 Savage. It too works, but also makes me happy!

Last edited by Switch; 04/30/19.