Good morning, Dwayne! Yeah, we've been getting the same cool nights, and even days. Yesterday it even snowed again--but just a little, not enough to stick.

Its interesting to go back and read that thread from five years ago. The one thing that I still bring up when talking rifling twist and tissue damage was the way the same 55-grain Tipped Varmageddon bullet lifted and separated prairie dogs when fired at 3100 fps from a 1-8 twist .223, and definitely did NOT do the same sort of damage when started at 3800 fps from a 1-14 twist .220 Swift. Unlike most big game hunting, where tissue damage is often an "example of one," without much real analyzing of bullet placement, that PD "test" involved hundreds of examples within a couple of days.

The other thing I'll note is that Eileen and I have pretty much switched to monolithics for pronghorn hunting. The meat is so good, but the animals are relatively small, with 40 pounds of boned meat about average from mature bucks, that we want to lose as little as possible, especially when bullets infringe on the shoulder area--as they sometimes do because of a little wind-drift. And we also don't care if a pronghorn runs 50+ yards after a monolithic lung shot, since they live out on the wide-open prairie.

Interesting to hear the 6.5 Creedmoor has apparently invaded BC as well....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck