Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

There isn't any dangerous game in most of North America, so bumping into old griz isn't a consideration for most American and Canadian hunters.

Exactly. It's about 600 miles from where I typically hunt to the nearest grizzly as the crow flies. If I was somewhere I needed a grizzly stopper and still wanted some long range big game performance from the same load I'd use the 8mm WSM with 220gr. Weldcores (it was born for that application). If I was just worried about stopping a grizzly and not hunting a deer species at the same time, I'd take the .50-110 or .416.

The 6.5mms and to a lesser extent the .270s are suitable for elk sized game. The 6.5s do it far better, but then we knew that.

You're high. I should just stop there, but before I do, I'll point out that a 8mm 220 Weldcore has a BC of .355. Now, that would be great for "long range big game performance" if that was a G7 BC, but it isn't; it is a G1 BC.

You're telling me I'm "high" yet you're too stupid to read a bullet catalog? There are two 220gr 8mm Weldcores. The one for the 325WSM has a BC of .448 and is suitable out to about 500y which is a reasonable compromise for a bear stomper bullet.

Seriously, you're a blithering retard.

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 05/01/19.