I have been reading Boddington’s stuff since the early 80s and have back issues and books with all the greats. Boddington’s experience seems to dwarf every other writer before or since on pretty much all game. Maybe I am wrong. Early on he was more a magnum guy but while back after he came back to 270 (as SteveO mentioned) and wife and kids came along slaying the lot with light 7mms and 270s he is more middle of the road cartridge guy

As for 6.5 cm I am tending to agree with folks who say bullets are the problem if not happy. I think there are growimg pains. I have read whren 270/7mag came out got some bad reps with some folks (particularly bigger game) because bullets couldn’t handle the velocity. This has been solved with improvements in construction and now I don’t ever really see anybody question them anymore. Seems similar going on with Creedmoor but possibly slightly different reason. Everybody wants to use the highest BC bullet or at least a long range bullet that may work great at extended range but not best choice for “normal” shots. Actually that has been by far most common ammo for 6.5 cm, particularly the less expensive stuff. Since the CM is uber popular we have lot of cheap “regular” ammo coming out - corelokts, power points, etc designed for traditional ranges. Wonder as more people start using this complaints go down

Lou