I remember reading Boddington's article. I have always had a great deal of respect for his writing and he has many hours of hunting to cause him to think the way he does. I bought a .270 win. in 1979 and have used it for deer in the midwest since, hunted every year since with the exception of may 5 with the .270. I don't plan to buy a 6.5. I have some friends and family that have them and they seem to like them. A handful of them are shooters but most are not. What does bother me about those that are jumping on the creedmore bandwagon is that they are novice shooters, many I know of anyway, and they seem to think it is something that will take place of practice. I never try to steer them away from buying the creedmore but do encourage them to spend allot of time shooting. My most foul taste with a creedmore fanatic, and he was a fanatic, was his claim of shooting two bucks in the head at 800 yards and using the pickup hood for a rest. Number one he killed one illegal deer and was very willing to brag about it. Number 2 is get your lazy ass out of the truck seat and really do some hunting. He went on to tell me only his creedmore could do the 800 yard shot. As one of the post on here mentioned "it all comes back to the shooter".