Originally Posted by Sandlapper
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
In an article in the current issue of "American Rifleman," Craig Boddington states that, "In my opinion these three similar 6.5mms (6.5x55, .260 Remington, and 6.5 Creedmoor), despite the magical properties currently attributed to them, do not equal the 96-year-old .270 Winchester as a hunting cartridge."

He then goes on to describe why in four pages. It's a good read.

In a more recent article (from September), Craig Boddington says that, "For deer of any size, the old .270 is hard to beat, and it’s still one of our best non-magnum choices."

The article also states that he believes the 6.5 Creedmoor is marginal for big deer. It goes on to say, "after a decade of popularity, many are questioning the Creedmoor on bigger deer."

https://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/bigger-guns-for-bigger-bucks/482737

Craig doesn’t strike me as the kind of gentleman to stir the pot just to get page views or sell magazines so I’m quite certain it’s the biggest display of naïveté that I’ve ever read in his prose.

There isn’t a whitetail or mule deer walking the planet that I’d fret a .243 and a good bullet, let alone a 6.5 Creedmoor. Marginal….. 🤦🏼‍♂️

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D