Originally Posted by BKinSD
This thread cracks me up and I hope it goes on and on and on. My favorite story CM boiled down is that a hunting buddy actually tried to convince me that his 6.5CM was superior to my .264WM because his bullet was 6.5mm. I told him that I had a hard time understanding that because my bullet was starting out at 3250 and his was starting at 2700. He said they told him at the gunshop that his would catch up to mine at longer ranges. I told him I didn't think it would.

I look at the 6.5 the same way I looked at the WSM's almost 20 years ago. The phenomenon causes people who own perfectly good rifles that I actually want, to go and trade their rifles in on rifles I have no use for, like WSM and CM's. I see it as a win for me. I just tune out their nonsense. I wish people were more knowledgeable about chamberings and ballistics but I guess I should just be happy that they shoot and hunt and don't play video games or wait in the mall for their wives.

Good post.

In my opinion the reason for all these "innovations" is simple. Hunting rifles last a loooong time, many decades. They don't wear out. The industry can't grow by selling replacements very well. They can't rely on new hunters either, because there are (unfortunately) fewer hunters every year. So they have to figure out some way to convince us to replace perfectly good rifles with ones that shoot cartridges that really are no better.

Their other big push seems to be to push guns which look "tacticool" on us.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.