Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I am curious as to why some Christians adamantly oppose evolution. Evolution doesn't deny creation as such.
Because when they read the Genesis account, they visualize in their minds God creating all animals that now exist instantaneously in the blink of an eye. They then conflate what they visualized in their minds while reading with what the Bible actually says, and when they defend what they visualized while reading, they think they are defending the word of God, and all who oppose them on this point they see as the enemies of God.

WOW, that's interesting. I tend to look at all ancient stories Christian or other wise as stories written by the ancients based on the information they had at the time. Information like everything else evolves over time and new stories have to be written based on that new information.

If you are a Christian, you believe that God directed each word, sentence, and book. Man's thoughts and opinions rarely had a hand in the scripture except as Jesus stated that Moses allowed people to divorce because of the hardness of their hearts. Moses was so high up on the ladder with God in esteem and faith that he meant with him face to face and thus, Moses was allowed to dictate to the heathens what they could and could not do within limited parameters.

Species appeared suddenly en masse and disappeared just as suddenly en masse. God's just messing with peanut brains. Micro is acceptable to me while macro is not.

The Genome project raised more questions than it answered. The combinations of amino acids and proteins somewhat blew away all randomness, most selective theories, and has them still scratching heads.

Ya'll seen any half man half dogs and a group of seals singing Amazing Grace yet? You won't either.