Originally Posted by Ringman
noknees,

If you want to know what happens to someone who even asks about creation, rent the movie "EXPELLED". Any scientist or professor who accedently or purposely hints at creation looses thier job. Don't give me cleche's, rent the movie. You know, it's like be informed before you argue.

I see that its at Net flix, Ill take a look but its contrary to my experience. In my experience scientists that provide evidence contrary to dogma are very well received IF there works stands up to review and scruitny. In fact some of the most highly regarded biologists are ones who went against the grain. I could site many examples of this, and for each one there is a case where someone announces something that doesn't stand up to review. In science if you make a claim and it turns out to be grossly unsupported it will cost in terms of funding etc. Do it a a couple of times and you be ostracized.

Back when I was working in the lab, our group tested and repeated some of the results of Andy Fire and Craig Mello, who basicly set entire field of gene regulation on its head. When there results were first announced there were many sceptics, more so because Andy was not a long established investigator. Did Andy and Craig's work receive a very very close look? yes, but once a few dozen labs tested and confirmed their work the change to Dogma was accepted.

Craig and Andy won the 2006 Nobel

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge