Back from the turkey with a full belly.

I realize that scholars do not all agree on the meaning of the Constitution as well as of Scripture but related my initial source of this information to demonstrate that it was not just some skimming through the words that prompted me to read the passages as I do. Who is right? We will never know. There are some rather well studied and well respected theologians that see it my way as well as your's. Simple it may not be.

I understand your example but will point out that the statements do not rule out the possibility that you made it recently just for me after you met me for the first time, especially if you say that now that you have met me and want to make one for me. That is what it says about the animals in Genesis 2, that God made the animals in an attempt to find a fit helper for man. Why would he make the animals for man if man did not already exist?

2:4 "..In the day ( note THE day) that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5: when no plant in the field was yet in the earth and no herb of the field had yet sprung up-for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; 6; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground-7; then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils ther breath of life; and man became a living being. (That certainly seems to say that man was created even before the plants.) 8: And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east; and there he put man whom he had formed. 9; And out of the ground the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight..." (That seems to support that man was made before plants.) Scipping down to 18; "Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I WILL (note future tense) make for him a helper fit for him." 19; "SO (indicating that the motive for making what will be made next is to make man a fit helper) out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air,..." (to try to find man a helper God made the animals after he had made man. This indicates both motive and chronology) 20; "...but for the man there was not found a fit helper for him." (out of the animals God had made in an attempt to find a fit helper for man.) 21; "SO (again indicating motive as well as chronology) the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; 22; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man." (There was not found a fit helper for man among the animals, so God made woman.)

The motives and sequence of events seem to be quite clear if one reads the words as written.

God made the earth and heavens.
God made man
God planted a garden in Eden and made plants.
God made animals to try to find a fit helper for man.
No fit helper was found among the animals made in an attempt to find a fit helper.
God made woman.

Last edited by Notropis; 11/26/09. Reason: spelling is-if, no-not