The "what at first glance may seem a slight ambiguity as contradiction" is the whole point. A first glance, a second glance, a third glance, and hundreds of glances give the same results when reading the words from my RSV. There is no ambiguity. One must assume ambiguity and look for clues to try to get it to say something else. This is the problem I have with literalists. Every word is absolute truth unless you have to ignore what it says and try to look for "clues" to determine what you think it should mean. If it means what the words say, that is great. If it does not mean what the words say, that is great too. Consistency demands that you either say it is true, every word perfect, (EDIT) and try to find ways around the passages that seem inconsistent (END EDIT) or realize that the inconsistencies are there (EDIT) and accept them as part of the message (END EDIT). The inconsistencies do not bother me one bit. They do not detract from my understanding of Scripture and the message it communicates.

Your seem to claim to have the only true Bible and to know the only correct and completely consistent interpretation of the word of God. Lots of other people with different views have the same belief about themselves.

You never typed out the quotes from your Bible. You only threw out a few words from your Bible that are not in mine to try to say that my Bible is wrong.

Last edited by Notropis; 11/28/09. Reason: additions as indicated