Well, TS I DO claim to be a scientist and an evolutionary ecologist to be certain. I do know the field, I do understand science, how it is conducted and why. And I do know what constitutes a valid theory. You are simply wrong so many ways I can't recount them. No Evolutionary Biology, Anthropology, or Geology faculty at any normal university in the western world will agree with anything you say. You are simply wrong.

Slash on the other hand, I am beginning to believe, is just looking to stir the pot. He is a fraud and he knows it. Any biologist worth the label would recognized the described experiment as evolution. If he had indeed talked to the people he claims, he would know that. In fact, I would love to know where he lives and what grad school he refers too. There is a good chance I know some of the faculty. My guess is that he has never ever darkened their doors.

For those that really want to figure out what the discussion is all about and what is accepted as evolution, speciation, the macro and micro ends of the scales, taxonomy, phylogentics, and get a hint about why that bacterial study is so interesting you need only open up an introductory textbook. One of the gold standards for an introductory text on evolutionary biology is written by Doug Futyuma. You can get used earlier editions on line just punch his name into Amazon. At least then you will know the vocabulary and be able to hold an intelligent conversation with an evolutionary biologist, whether you agree with him or not.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.