Originally Posted by Notropis

edit: Brent's silence may very well be due to the futility of trying to explain science to those who do not wish to try to understand it. I enjoy recreational discussions and am always curious where these discussions go and what gems of wisdom they drag out of the ground. Then again, he may have gone out for the evening.

He may have his own reasons, but he has deliberately avoided the crux of the matter to anyone who believes in creation science and who rejects macro-evolution. He also probably realizes he does not have much to offer beyond what the leading evolutionists cannot offer either.

Are viruses alive? When is something dead? Give me clear definitions that work all the time in every situation. I don't think you can even though that seems to be a cornerstone of your arguement.

Viruses are said to be alive when they are exhibiting or propagating the characteristics of that which makes them classified as a virus. When they no longer exhibit or propagate that which classified them as such originally they are generally recognized as dead.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 11/25/09.